Hot on the heels of hosting the highly successful Shellfish Futures 2013, the Bruny Island Shellfish Growers Association (BISGA) have launched a new website.
Who is BISGA?
BISGA is a collective majority of the Oyster Growers in the Bruny Island region to help represent our views to Government and NGO organisations either directly or through our State-wide oyster representative body.
The website promotes how consumers and in the industry can utilise BISGA for example:
- You can contact BISGA on any issue relating to shellfish farms. It may be information about the loss of equipment that has been washed up on the shore, which farmers are very appreciative of as it may become a major cost.
- You may want to simply ask questions about how the oysters are grown or whether you can access an area through the lease area.
- You may want to be included in our beach clean ups where the resources of barges and the cost of disposal can be absorbed by BISGA.
- You may want one of our group to attend a meeting to explain our industry to you, including school groups , community organizations etc.
- You may simply want to find out where to buy the best and freshest Bruny Island oysters for your Christmas party.
The website also features sections on:
- Growing Oysters
- Links and;
Visit the Bruny Island Shellfish Growers Association website today and take a look around.